Home Health Aides provide personal care for clients that may include:
Assist with personal care including:
- Mouth care
- Grooming (e.g. shaving, hair and makeup)
- Walking and transfers
Assist with household tasks directly essential to client’s heath that may include:
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Assisting in feeding the client when appropriate
- Light housekeeping of client’s immediate environment
- Changing linen, making the bed
- Laundry of client’s clothes and bedding
- Transportation (if ordered)
- Respite Care
Home Health Aides can also perform:
- Measure and record client’s temperature, pulse and respiration as needed.
- Perform range-of-motion and other simple procedures as assigned by the clinical manager and recorded on the Plan of Care.
- Remind the client to take medication, (i.e., assisting the client with water as requested).
- Assist client with the use of equipment (e.g., side rails, wheelchair) to meet safety needs.
- Perform, or assist client to perform, activities in accordance with the personal Plan of Care such as external catheter care.