Homemakers provide clients with a variety of services that may include, but not limited to:
- Watch over/observe the client and reports to the office any changes in his/her condition.
- Provide a clean, safe and orderly environment for the client and family (e.g. dusting, vacuuming, taking out trash, etc.)
- Provide general assistance to clients as needed (does not include personal/nursing care).
- Purchase food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals according to the client's needs.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchen after meals.
- Launder clothes, bed linens, etc., as needed.
- Escort to appointments.
One of the most valuable benefits of homemaker services is the personal interaction our clients enjoy. Here is a comment we received from a client's daughter that describes this better than we can:"I can never begin to thank you for all you did for my dad in the last few months. You treated him like more than a client you treated him with kindness, humor, friendship and dignity. He loved it when you stopped by or called, and always told us what a 'great gal' you were. Thank you for making him feel so special, and as if he were your only client, or so he thought. You have a great gift for what you do, and I'm glad you shared that with us."